Friday, February 25, 2011

I used to be best friends with them.

You know when you see someone on the streets, or you come across someone’s Facebook profile again, that you used to be close with? And the first thought that comes to your mind is “I used to be best friends with them.” To me, this one sentence brings so many more thoughts and memories back to me.

I start thinking, why am I saying I used to be friends with them? What happened? If it’s someone I had a fight with, why did I have a fight with them? If it’s someone I’d drifted from, why did I drift from them? Why didn’t I try to stay in touch with them? Why didn’t they try to stay in touch with me? Why didn’t I make more of en effort to stay close to them? Why didn’t they? I start remembering all the memories I had with them, I start wishing we were still just as close, then I remember that things will probably never be like they used to be between us. Why did we let go of our friendship so easily?

No comments:

Post a Comment